Sinners and Saints - Luke Gould - Leeds Met

http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sinners-_amp-Saints/97337


"On the Leeds Met. Graphic Arts & Design course, students are required to write an “Extended Learning Agreement” as opposed to a dissertation. This involves writing about your own work, plotting your personal development and relating it to contextual discussion points. My Learning Agreement discusses something I am extremely passionate about: the responsibilities of designers and the responsibilities of graphic design as an industry. I examine the tendencies for design to sell itself out for big money and in doing so sacrificing moral and ethical values, and I look at those who reject this mentality and maintain a socially conscious philosophy towards design.

I presented the essay in a black and white ‘zine-style publication, which, influenced by the social principles of Swiss modernism, is set almost entirely in Akzidenz Grotesk. Having looked at the likes of Ken Garland and Bruce Mau, to accompany the text I have written a manifesto for designers and design teachers outlining suggestions for maintaining a social conscience as a designer, which takes the form of an A2 double sided poster which folds up and is sleeved, along with the magazine, in an A4 clear plastic pack."








Just an idea for how i can collate all my research together for the design context brief and focus in on the three aspects of my collection/series research - zine, publication, prints/posters

No comments:

Post a Comment