Unequal-Design - Home of Dylan C. Lathrop

Heres a post from his blog:

I love the simplicity of this editorial magazine.
The layout works really well and the repetitiveness of it makes it easy to glide through.





There has been a long lull on this blog, and for that, I am sorry. But I have been living, so no need to fret. What you see above is something that I was working on for some time in DesignWorks, the freshly made over MCAD Magazine. This was done under the direction and aid of MVA, and I'm forever indebted to them for all they taught me. It was a big design challenge and I'm glad that it is now out in the world. Big ups to JZK for all his help and tutalage. I'm glad he saw fit to put me on this project and saw fit to help me along the way.

So, in near a month long absence, what have I been doing? Well, I've been roadtripping every weekend with friends, going to
hometown after hometown afterhometown, doing a circuit of carnivals and fairs in each one. All of that has been pretty great, though it made me long for my own hometown, and as such, I'll be wrapping up this month long tour with a short visit to Cheyenne. The reasoning is two fold: as I mentioned before, I got fams to see and funnel cakes to eat, but secondly, I gotta get my phone plan switched around, which will make me become part of an elite group of bholes known as "iphone owners". I make this leap because the 3GS seems so hot to trot that I can't hold my breath a second longer awaiting the ability to play Edge AND answer phone calls. So, I'm sorry if you see me brandishing this device and looking particularly pretentious: it's just the phone wooing me.

I should also note some praise for some friends up in hurr.
Colin S. Trechterrecently got some favorable news on a new assignment for when he gets to his other homeland, Australia in a couple months time. The project sounds sweet, though I'm unsure if I should be the one divulging all of the greatness, so I'll just point you to this tumblr link. Congrats dude! Also, Justin McKinley won a design contest for FRWD, doing a redesign of their brand. Totally amazing! Justin is gonna exit this summer with a robust resume and he should mega proud, as we all are of him. Lastly, Levi Rubeck has begun his assault back on the webershed with new updates to his blog. Levi completed his graduate studies in creative writing this past spring and I'm glad he is getting back to some sort of constant bloggage.

Man, this post was super TL;DR and linky. HAYSUP INTERNET!

No comments:

Post a Comment