Shepard Fairey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_Fairey



--------------------------------------------------------------------




This illustration(minus spray can) is based on a photo by my friend Jim Jocoy who did a great book of late 70's punk photos called "We're Desperate". Pick the book up if you can. -Shepard Edition of 300, $50, Signed and Numbered, 18 x 24"








Screen Print, 18 x 24 inches. Signed and Numbered Edition of 1500

"I consider myself a populist artist," Fairey says. "I want to reach people through as many different platforms as possible. Street art is a bureaucracy-free way of reaching people, but T-shirts, stickers, commercial jobs, the Internet -- there are so many different ways that I use to put my work in front of people."



No comments:

Post a Comment