Graffiti + Stickers

I recently returned from my trip to Rotterdam/Amsterdam/Breda with Andrew Mcgowan, Jack Cook, James Edmondson and Usman Shahid. All in all a good trip - Fun times were had, lessons learnt and cool cats were met.




I used the opportunity to explore different type throughout the three cities i was visiting. I focused mainly upon the different graffiti styles across the cities. Colour is a vital part of my design practice and i have a method of working now where i produce everything in black and white then worry about the colour. Graffiti in Holland is so colourful and definitely has got me thinking about how i could have another side to my work with bombardments of colour.




It was interesting to see different tags and monikers for the artists. I want to explore more illustrative type over this module so we'll see how this influences my work.








Hill Street Blues coffeeshop in Amsterdam has graffiti all over the walls. They don't mind you adding your own to the walls. It was amazing in there.





I found a dick graffitied on a wall in Breda.




I found an andre the giant sticker on this parking meter. Nice to see some old school Shepard Fairey.
















No comments:

Post a Comment